Table of Contents
|Did you know testosterone is a sex hormone which is responsible for voice deepening, boost height & muscle mass, and enhance sex drive with aggression? Thus, it is responsible for making boys become men.|
Testosterone also plays an imperative role in men’s health throughout the lifespan, and aids in regulating libido, sperm production, erectile function, bone density, muscle mass, mood stability, and much more.
However, testosterone levels start to diminish in older men. After age 30 approximately, testosterone levels drop, about 1% per year. A low testosterone level can lead to health issues such as lower libido, erectile dysfunction, weight gain, fatigue, and a loss of muscle mass.
As per the study, around 39% of men over the age of 45 are testosterone-deficient. But research displays that there are several natural ways to increase testosterone levels.
What is Testosterone?
Testosterone is generally referred to as a male sex hormone both men and women produce it, just at varying levels. The production of testosterone primarily takes place in the testicles of men and ovaries in women. Testosterone, like many other hormones, is produced from cholesterol in the body.
During puberty production of testosterone starts and begins to dip after the age of 30 or so. Most often, sex drive is associated with testosterone and the production of sperms. Bone and muscle mass are also affected by testosterone level. When testosterone level is too low, it can result in an imbalance that wreaks havoc on the body and leads to a myriad of probable health problems.
Signs You Have Low Testosterone Level
It is not easy to notice the low testosterone levels. The testosterone levels have a normal range that varies from 280 to 1,100 ng/dL (nanograms per deciliters) (ng/dL) for men and 15 to 70 ng/dL for women.
Low Testosterone levels can produce a variety of symptoms in men such as decreased sex drive, less energy, weight gain, feelings of depression, moodiness, low self-esteem, less body hair, and thinner bones. The following are some signs that you might observe:
Low Testosterone in Men
- Having a diminished sex drive is the major sign of low testosterone levels. Also, losing hair, feeling fatigued, and experiencing a decrease in bone mass.
- The levels of muscle mass tend to diminish, and it is difficult to gain strength and mass in the gym, even after the right workout session and a balanced diet.
- Gain weight and may develop gynecomastia because of an imbalance of sex hormones.
- Mood changes and cognitive functions such as problems in remembering things and dates.
Low Testosterone in Women
- They may experience a decrease in their sex drive, gain weight, have trouble gaining muscle strength, and lose bone density.
- Feeling fatigued and sluggish
- May experience fertility issues and irregular menstruation. Sleep quantity and quality are also affected by low testosterone levels.
Causes of Low Testosterone
Normally testosterone production level goes down as a man ages, there can be other factors also which cause testosterone levels to drop. The other potential causes of low testosterone are as follows:
- Injury or infection of the orchitis.
- Chemotherapy for cancer
- Metabolic disorders like hemochromatosis (too much iron in the body)
- Dysfunction of the pituitary gland
- Medications, used to treat prostate cancer, and steroids.
- Acute or chronic illness
- Cirrhosis of the liver
- Inflammatory conditions that cause inflammation of the lungs and other organs.
- Klinefelter syndrome- in which a boy is born with an addition of the X chromosome.
- Obesity or extreme weight loss
- Uncontrolled type 2 diabetes
- Congenital defect from birth
- Estrogen excess (usually from an external or environmental source)
- Previous anabolic steroid abuse
- Pubertal delay
7 Ways on How to Increase Testosterone Naturally
The best natural way to boost testosterone levels is by adopting some lifestyle changes that can enhance overall health and well-being. These natural testosterone boosters are:
- Exercise: Many diseases are prevented by exercise and meditation. It can also act as a natural testosterone booster. A study suggests that people who exercise regularly have higher testosterone levels. Also in the elderly, exercise increases testosterone levels, fitness, and reaction time. Resistance training such as weight lifting is the best type of exercise and a natural way to boost testosterone.
- Take a balanced diet: Do not overeat and do not restrict calories for long. Try to eat balanced amounts of carbs, protein, and fat. Emphasize whole foods, with a correct balance of lean protein and heart-healthy fats like olive oil and avocados. Also, on how to increase testosterone naturally- skip simple carbs and anything processed.
- Minimize Stress: High levels of stress are not good for long-term health and can reduce your testosterone levels. Protect your sanity, heart health, and relationships by managing your stress levels. When you are stressed, the adrenal glands release cortisol, a stress hormone that tends to lower the circulating testosterone.
- Importance of Sun: Sun exposure helps the body to pump out adequate amounts of vitamin D, which acts as a steroid hormone in the body. Vitamin D has been shown to enhance testosterone levels in some people and assist to strengthen the immune system and improve one’s mood. Thus, it is a natural way to increase testosterone.
- Take vitamin & mineral supplements: Vitamin D and zinc have the strongest proof as natural testosterone boosters. Other vitamin and mineral deficiencies can result in low testosterone levels which are B vitamins, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, and Vitamin E.
- Restful Quality sleep: Make sure to get plenty of high-quality sleep to maintain healthy levels of testosterone levels and optimize long-term health. One study suggests that every hour of sleep can act as a natural testosterone booster and can increase your testosterone levels by an average of 15 percent.
- Natural Testosterone boosters: One of the herbal supplements formulated by OjusLife is N-Adreve, which includes a combination of adaptogenic botanicals and nutrients explicitly devised to counteract the impacts of daily stress and support healthy energy levels. Along with this, N-Adreve offers a distinctive blend of “stress adapting botanicals” that reduce cortisol, reducing anxiety, and support proper sleep cycles. Also, you can opt for DHEA 25 mg which is the natural way to increase testosterone.
List of Foods that Increases Testosterone
The natural way to boost testosterone is through food. Here are some of the best foods that increase testosterone levels in the body. These are:
- Fruits / Veggies (Kiwi, oranges, grapefruit, pineapple, tomatoes, red bell pepper, bananas, watermelon, grapes, blueberries)
- Meats (Turkey, Boneless/skinless chicken, Sirloin, steak, lambs, beef liver )
- Beans (Black beans, baked beans)
- Oils (coconut oil, red palm oil, olive oil, cod liver oil)
- Seeds (various seeds like Pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, chia seeds)
- Veggies (Cabbage, asparagus, kale, broccoli, garlic, spinach, Brussel sprouts, cauliflower, celery)
- Healthy Fats (Peanut butter, almond butter, avocados, butter from grass-fed cows)
- Dairy (low-fat milk, yogurt, cottage cheese)
- Seafood (salmon, sardines)
- Other (Honey, raw chocolates, parsley, cayenne pepper)
The natural testosterone boosters are herbal supplements such as ginger, ginger extract, ashwagandha, and other prevalent herbs showing testosterone boosting and cortisol reducing capabilities.
The natural ways to boost testosterone comes down to the basics of everyday health and diet. Low testosterone influences more than your sex life. It affects your entire life.
Looking for how to increase testosterone naturally? Here are some of the Best supplements to act as natural Testosterone boosters.
- Vitamin D: This is an important vitamin that is a natural testosterone booster.
- Fenugreek: Taking 500 mg of fenugreek per day is a natural way to increase testosterone and sexual function in men with normal and low testosterone levels.
- Ginger: Ginger may increase testosterone levels and sperm count in men with infertility.
- DHEA: DHEA is one of the most popular and natural ways to boost testosterone.
- Zinc: Taking zinc may be effective among people with low zinc or testosterone levels.
- Ashwagandha: Research shows ashwagandha may help increase testosterone levels, as well as improve sexual function and body composition.
Some of the best foods that increase testosterone levels naturally are tuna, low-fat milk, egg yolks, fortified cereals, oysters, shellfish, beef and beans.
Home remedies to lower testosterone are soy and soy-based products, mint, licorice root, vegetable oil, flaxseed, Processed foods, alcohol, nuts. Changing diet is one of the most effective ways to maintain healthy testosterone levels.
The best exercises to boost testosterone are resistance training and high-intensity interval training. The best type of exercise and natural testosterone boosters in both the short and long term is weight lifting type resistance training.
Soy products, Dairy products, Alcohol, Mint, Bread, pastries, desserts, licorice root, and certain fats are some of the foods that kill testosterone.
There are no established reports but with whatever information available, the truth is that effect, either way, is negligible. So no, major impact of masturbation on testosterone levels.